Rapid growth has prompted sportsscotland to implement PS Financials (PSF) to replace their previous Sage 500 financial management system.
sportscotland is the national agency for sport. They are the lead agency for the development of sport and they have a clear focus on developing and supporting a world-class sporting system in Scotland.
The continuing success of sportscotland prompted the review and upgrade of their existing financial management system Sage 500 to a more user-friendly and advanced system. The finance team recognised the need for a modern, functional, flexible financial management system to help streamline their department and dramatically reduce the time spent maintaining reports and performing manual data entry.
Senior Decision Makers at sportscotland decided to select PS Financials as their new financial management software as it rectified the shortfalls of their previous system whilst providing features to meet key requirements, such as:
- Automatic consolidation of sportscotlands’ companies and activities
- Flexible reporting on activities, sports centres, sports and funding streams
- Introducing PSF myPortal to non-finance users for procurement and invoice approval
- Integration with other external systems including their EPOS, course-booking and ticketing systems
- Deployment to their leisure centres, including provisional access for non-finance users to view reports and manage their budgets
- Modern and easy to use
- Automation of manual tasks such as cost allocations, recharges and prepayments
Over the next six months, PS Financials will be expanding the system into the three national sports centres under sportscotlands’ control.
sportscotland’s Head of Finance Gordon Mavor comments on their decision: “we are delighted to have selected PS Financials as our new financial management system. We felt that PSF represented the most flexible system on offer, and will allow us to increase the efficiency of the organisation, both within finance as well as outside. By automating certain business functions, such as cost allocations, purchase approvals, and management reporting, we believe we will start to see a return on investment very soon”
David Singh (PS Financials, Sales & Marketing Director) said, “We look forward to working with sportscotland; it’s an exciting and dynamic organisation which does great work in Scotland, and PS Financials will play an important part in helping them by streamlining business processes and giving them timely and accurate management information.”
Learn more about how PSF helps businesses in the commercial sector.